I have a question about using DATE_ADD in MySQL.  I am not sure if
this is the most effective way of dealing with this problem so I am asking
here.  The situation is that I am working on modifying a calendar system for
our use.  Our On-Call rotation is such that when someone is On-Call over the
weekend they automatically get Monday off.  I have created a page to
simplify inputting the On-Call schedule into the calendar system, and now I
want the Monday off to be automagically scheduled when a weekend On-Call is
entered.  The way that I see for doing this is adding 1 day to the end date
of the weekend On-Call and using that as the input for the day off
scheduling.  Here is a bit of what I have at this point...

if ($DailyStopYear) {
        $result = mysql("$DBName","SELECT (TO_DAYS('$StopDate') -
TO_DAYS('$StartDate'))") or die(mysql_error());
        while ($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
                $dateDiff = $row[0];
        }
} else {
        $dateDiff = 0;
}

if ($dateDiff == 3) {
        mysql("$DBName","UPDATE Balances SET CompEarned=CompTaken+8 WHERE
said='$said'") or die(mysql_error());
        mysql("$DBName","INSERT INTO Log VALUES('DATE_ADD($StopDate,
INTERVAL 1 DAY','',1,2,'$CalendarDetailsID')") or die(mysql_error());

        My big question is about using the "DATE_ADD" MySQL function inside
the INSERT statement.  Is this allowed?  If it is allowed, is it a bad idea
for some reason?  Is there a better way of doing this?  Thanks in advance.

Scott Nipp
Phone:  (214) 858-1289
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web:  http:\\ldsa.sbcld.sbc.com