on 1/21/03 10:37 PM, Sabina Alejandr Schneider at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] appended the following bits to my mbox:

> Hello people!!! This time I have a problem with cookies. I
> tried to send a cookie from one page with the function
> sendcookie("chat",$mail) to a page in another directory,
> but when I tried to prine echo($chat) or
> echo($_COOKIE["chat"]) I got notheing. So I put the second
> page where it was the page that sent the cookie and tried
> again. This last time I got the cookie in the echo($chat)
> but not in the echo($_COOKIE["chat"]) I need to send a
> cookie to a page in another path and I need that the
> cookie stays in the client browser so I can see if I can
> recognize him/ her next time he/she enters the chat. Was I
> clear? Thank you very much for all of your help and
> time!!! I really appreciate your help in times I'm
> desesperated like this time :-)

Because this question doesn't have anything to do with databases, it should
be posted to PHP-General.  You can sign up here:

It is under "general user list"

FYI, cookies won't be seen until the next time you view the page.  If your
setcookie command and echo $cookie commands are in the same file, you won't
see the echo unless you reload.

You may also wish to look at the documentation for the setcookie (not
sendcookie) function:

Paul Burney

    while ($self != "asleep") {