Hi Everyone,

>From a Linux session:
~ # telnet 10.1.1.1 1433
Trying 10.1.1.1...
Connected to 10.1.1.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

>From within NT4 Primary Domain Server:
SQL Server Query Analyzer using the user login & password applied in PHP
(and created in MSSQL) Queries processed ok.

In PHP must I use NT authenticated login / password?

Both a PHP client on Linux and Windows receive the same error message:
Warning: SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named
Pipes]Specified SQL server not found., SQL state 08001 in SQLConnect in
E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\php\ODBC_Driver.php on line 174

The PHP.ini file on NT4 has:
[MSSQL]
; Allow or prevent persistent links.
mssql.allow_persistent = On

; Maximum number of persistent links.  -1 means no limit.
mssql.max_persistent = -1

; Maximum number of links (persistent+non persistent).  -1 means no
limit.
mssql.max_links = -1

; Minimum error severity to display.
mssql.min_error_severity = 10

; Minimum message severity to display.
mssql.min_message_severity = 10

; Compatability mode with old versions of PHP 3.0.
mssql.compatability_mode = Off

; Valid range 0 - 2147483647.  Default = 4096.
;mssql.textlimit = 4096

; Valid range 0 - 2147483647.  Default = 4096.
;mssql.textsize = 4096

; Limits the number of records in each batch.  0 = all records in one
batch.
;mssql.batchsize = 0

; Use NT authentication when connecting to the server
mssql.secure_connection = Off

; Specify max number of processes. Default = 25
;mssql.max_procs = 25

ntwdblib.dll is in the correct Windows directory.

Using a System DNS for ODBC. Should I be using a File DNS?

Can I open up NT4 PDS to telenet to it?

Any thoughts, comments?
Many thanks,

Kevin Gordon