On Wednesday 26 February 2003 00:37, Jorge Miguel Fonseca Martins wrote:

As this has nothing to do with databases you should post to the php-general
list.

>  $test[]="a";
>  $test[]="b";
>
>  foreach ($test as $key=>$value)
>  {
>   if($key == "something") echo $key
>  }
>
> even though theres no key in the array named "something" the code will
> print the key "0"

PHP is doing automatic type conversion for you. Use:

  if ($key === "something" { ... }

instead. See manual for details.

/*
If I were a grave-digger or even a hangman, there are some people I could
work for with a great deal of enjoyment.
                -- Douglas Jerrold
*/