i am not testing this... just writing it here. and it is 2am !

SELECT shopping_cart.item_id, shopping_cart.subtotal, shopping_cart.quantity
FROM shopping_cart, orders WHERE shopping_cart.order_id = orders.order_id
AND orders.session_id = session_id() AND orders.customer_id = '$customer_id'

i guess u could give it a try.
just a simple 2 table join.
i may not have the fields and order in place but try it....

Joel Colombo