OK, I would like to do it with the method you suggested. However, I'm having a few problems. Firstly, I can't seem to figure out how to sort rows returned from mysql_fetch_array. sort() or any other array function won't work because each row is an array, and I need to sort by the column. Secondly, which PHP classes website are you referring to? I don't even know how I would use a PHP class in conjunction with it if I did find the site. Thirdly, I do need to re-sort the data on-the-fly. Would this essentially be accomplished if I were just sorting the table data via PHP functions?

Thanks for your help.

Jim Hunter wrote:

If it were me I would tackle this in two parts. First create a SQL statement
that returns the data you want, you say you can do this so the first part is
already finished. Then stuff the data into an array and when you go to
display the data to the user, that is when you sort it into the chosen sort
order. It is not that hard to sort an array and you might be able to find a
class already written to do this on the PHP classes web site.  You might
even go so far as to display the info in a table that allows the user to
click on a column heading and re-sort the data on-the-fly without a round
trip to the server. This might add a nice touch to your UI without too much
effort.

Jim