> I mean, if I send an update query, like "update table set
> field1=$nfield1, field2=$nfield2 ...", I don't know WHICH fields have
> changed. mysql_affected_rows() only reports how many records were
> changed. So, if I want to know which fields have changed, I should
check
> it before I send the query? Seems like a lot of work extra...

Well, that's the only way to do it. If you want to know what changed,
SELECT it out first and compare. UPDATE commands do not return that
information, plain and simple. Worrying about it is a waste of time.

---John W. Holmes...

PHP Architect - A monthly magazine for PHP Professionals. Get your copy
today. http://www.phparch.com/