The begin var exist ? You are receiving the NOTICE because the var begin is not
instantiated.
For a complete debug send me a short db drop (without data if no data needed) and the
xenosetup.php and with other related files.

Cristian MARIN
InterAKT Online (www.interakt.ro)
+4021 411 2610
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

  "Fulco Of Scarborough" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  I'm still new to php and my syntax is not great.

  I am getting this notice:

  Notice: Undefined variable: begin in /home/wwwfulc/public_html/install.php
  on line 21

  When I hit subit it just prints " Completed." and doesn't update the
  database at all.

  Can anyone help me find my glitch in this?

  You can see it in action here http://www.fulco.net/install.php

  You can see the whole file (minus html tags at beginning and end) here
  http://www.fulco.net/installphp.txt

  Here's the code (minus the SQL Dump).

  PHP:

    _____

  <head>

  <title>Xenology Database Install Script</title>

  </head>

  <?php

  error_reporting(E_ALL);

  require("xenosetup.php");

  $con = mysql_connect($host, $user, $pass) or die ("I cannot connect to the
  database because:" . mysql_error());

  mysql_select_db($db, $con) or die("I cannot select the correct database
  because: " . mysql_error());

  if ($begin){

  $sql = 'CREATE TABLE xeno(SQL DUMP HERE)";

          echo "Completed.";

  } else {

  }

  ?>