Fairly simple if you're using Flash MX.

In the flash movie create a LoadVars object.

        myObject = new LoadVars ();

create an onLoad event for it...

        myObject.onLoad = function () {
                trace (myObject.returnedValue);
        }

drag and drop a button component and name it myButton and add this code.

        myButton.onRelease = function () {
                _root.myObject.sentValue = "Ron"'

_root.myObject.sendAndLoad("myPHPpage.php",myObject,"post");
        }

now create a php page called "myPHPpage.php and include the following...

        <?php $selectedName=$HTTP_POST_VARS['sentValue'];?>
        <?php echo "&returnedValue=".$selectedName." Allen"; ?>

Don't put ANYTHING else in this PHP page.  No space, no html markup,
nothing.

That should do it.  I haven't tested the code, it just sort of flew out
of my fingers but it should would.

Doing a google search on Flash and PHP turns up tons of rescources.

Good luck!

Tim Winters
Creative Development Manager
Sampling Technologies Incorporated