Hi,

I am trying to do the following query in a MSSQL 2000 database:

SELECT Order_Details.Qref, Order_Header.AgentRef
FROM Order_Details, Order_Header
WHERE Order_Details.Qref = Order_Header.Qref AND Order_Header.AgentRef =
48976

I get the following error:

Syntax error converting the varchar value 'I7502203' to a column of data
type int.

Now this value 'I7502203' is in the Order_Header table in the AgentRef
column (which is a varchar column). Obviously when the query is run the
results will be put in a virtual table but why is it creating the virtual
field of Order_Header.AgentRef as an int when in the original table it is a
varchar? Can this be pre-set in the query?

Any ideas would be handy

Mark Loud

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
you have received this communication in error and must not distribute or
copy it.  Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete this communication.  Thank you.