$query="INSERT INTO login VALUES ('$login')";

have fun

Bill Pilgrim wrote:
My System: Windows 98
Apache 1.3.27

Hello all, I am a PHP beginner and was wondering if I could get some help from some of
the more experienced on this list.  I have been trying to use an html form (with
textboxes, radio buttons, and textareas) to input data into a mysql database.  I am
able to connect fully with the database and am able to create tables in it, but when I
try to input information into the tables nothing happens. ever...  I don't really know
what to do from here, but I assume that a configuration is not set properly between
mysql, apache, windows, or php.  I really don't know what it could be.  My code is
here and I have tried to simplify the form in order to get it working, so here is my
barebones code that hopefully has some errors:
<form action="addform.php" method="post">
Login: <input type="text" name="login">
<input type="submit">

PHP file called "addform.php":

@mysql_select_db($database) or die("unable to select database");
$query="INSERT INTO login VALUES ("'$login')";

Login is the name of the table on the database named test.

I stopped using a password because it wouldn't let anything work even table creation when I tried to use a password. Any help that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated; there is probably some grievious error in this script. Thanks, Chris