From: Oscar Rylin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 11:01 AM
To: Jamie Saunders
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] detecting browser close or change of url

PHP is server-side, not client side.
That said, what you could do is simply make use of window.onunload or window.onclose in javascript to bring up a second window/page..
of course, anyone with half a brain and a popup-stopper won't get that page :)

Jamie Saunders wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a way of detecting when a user

closes the browser,

or if they leave the site. If they do this I'd like to

change a value in

the database, i.e:

if (browser is closed by user or they leave site)
// run php code to update database

Any help much appreciated.

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit: