We're getting segfaults (11) when we try and execute a simple piece of
Oracle PHP code. This is a new installation and compilation of Apache2 and
we're just trying to see what is wrong. This particular code works on all of
our Apache 1.3 installations.

Versions: Redhat 8.0, PHP version 4.3.2, Apache version 2.0.46, Oracle
version 9i 9.2.0.1.0

We've worked through all of the oracle user issues with Apache, made sure
and set ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN.

the code we're executing is:

<?php

echo 'here';
$conn = OCILogon("scott","tiger","db");
echo 'here2';

$stmt = OCIParse($conn, "select original_system_reference, attribute8 from
apps.so_headers_interface_all where error_flag = 'Y'");

echo 'here3';

OCIDefineByName($stmt, "ORIGINAL_SYSTEM_REFERENCE", &$order_number);
OCIDefineByName($stmt, "ATTRIBUTE8", &$attribute8);

OCIExecute($stmt);
echo 'here4';

while (OCIFetch($stmt)) {
echo 'here5';
  echo $order_number."    ";
  echo ": ".$attribute8."<br>";
}

echo 'here6';
  echo $order_number."    ";
OCIFreeStatement($stmt);
OCILogoff($conn);
echo 'here7';
?>

The server segfaults right after it gets to "here3". If you comment out
everything after here3, the page works fine. Running the $stmt select works
fine if you use sqlplus. I'm not sure why it's dying.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

---

Jeff Harris - Network Engineer
Golfsmith International, Inc.