Tris,

 make the the field, id_number, an auto_increment field.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] on 07/09/2003 07:44:34
AM

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:    (bcc: David P. Giragosian/MDACC)

Subject:  [PHP-DB] Auto inc in MySQL

I know I'll get flamed for askign such a simple question, but here goes...

I have a MySQL DB and wanna increment a field 'id_number' by one each
time, to avoid creating duplicates...
I've done it before, but can't remember how...
Any ideas?

Tris...

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for
the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent
notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is
please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.