From: Kai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 4:31 PM
Subject: [PHP-DB] PHP5.0, MySQL4.1, Apache2 on WinXP

I am having the hardest time getting PHP to install it's MySQL dll
handlers, even tho it's supposed to be embedded, it refuses to do
anything with MySQL.

(Constant "PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:
mysql_connect() in C:\apache\Apache2\htdocs\example\index.php3 on line
8" killing the test

I am kinda new to the php language, but I know I have it coded right in
the file I am using, any clues on where/how I can get the MySQL PHP dlls
to work right in this situation?

oh, PHP works fine otherwise, as does apache and mysql in any other

the by-hand-install directions in the install.txt that came with php5
have been followed and double checked multiple times.

Thanks for any help I can get,

PHP Database Mailing List (
To unsubscribe, visit:

PHP Database Mailing List (