At 07:44 PM 7/31/2003 +0100, John Ryan wrote:
i installed php and apache fine on my pc, but mysql is giving problems. in
winmysqladmin, you cant create a adb on the databases tab. all that lets you
do is flush threads, flush processes, etc. so i had to create my database
through the mysql command line.

Personally, I am running Win XP with Apache 1.3.27 and Php 4.3.2 and MySql 4.0.13.

I couldn't get WinMySqlAdmin to work either.

I got rid of the winMySQLAdmin.. found it worthless... cant do half of what is says it is supposed to.. and I checked out SQLyog. I will be buying it when I can (as a front end maintenance app) But that is my opninion.

also, phpMyAdmin doesnt work, it returns an auth error. but i know for
definite the username and password.

Can't help here... haven't used/played with it enough yet.

whats going on?? is it something to do with win xp and users or win xps

Larry R. Sieting

-- PHP Database Mailing List ( To unsubscribe, visit: