It depends what you're looking for in an editor...

Dreamweaver's nice because it shows you the arguments for all the
functions - but takes far too long to load for me to do a quick hack on a
script, so I only use it when I'm planning on spending the next few hours
coding on a particular site thats set up within dreamweaver.

I also use vi... both on windows(!) and linux for quick hacks (and it works
throu SSH)... it dosn't give arguments for functions but still has nice
colour coding that I like. (www.vim.org).

Craig Roberts

"Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
There are only a few, probably less than 50, depending on your OS (you didn
t mention what OS you are using), If you go to Google and type in "free PHP
editor" you will see them all. Try them out and see which one suites your
style. Or look through the archives of this list and see what comments
people have made on the various editors all of the other times this question
has been asted recently.

Jim