From: "Dillon, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 4:23 PM
Subject: [PHP-DB] adding integer to field in query

How do you add a number to a field within the query, ie without having to
extract?  Eg

$query="UPDATE Choice SET visits=(visits+1) WHERE ID='$thisID'";

is the above "visits=(visits+1)" legal, cos it doesn't work at the moment?

Thanks,

John

http://www.cantor.com
CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments, if any,
are confidential. If you are not the named recipient please notify the
sender and immediately delete it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or
forward this e-mail message or disclose its contents to anybody else.
Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its contents are the
sole property of Cantor Fitzgerald.
     E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
transmission.  If verification is required please request a hard-copy
version.
     Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this
e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We make no representation or
Please note that to ensure regulatory compliance and for the protection of
our customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from
our server(s).

For further important information, please read the  Important Legal
Information and Legal Statement at
http://www.cantor.com/legal_information.html