Hugh,
Nothing is a stupid question.  you can transfer databases by doing a
Machine# mysqldump -a -c -p insert_db_name_here > backup.sql
on your home machine, and then doing a
Machine_prod# mysqladmin -p create database_name
Machine_prod# mysql -p database_name < backup.sql
after you have transferred the backup file to your production box.
If you need anything else, let me know

--James Hughbanks
Mikro-Data Engineering Dept.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]