This may or may not make sense for your issue.  but if you have the whole
array in memory you can serialize()  it and write the string that the
function returns to the file.

$fp = fopen("yourfilename.txt", "w");
$my_array_s = serialize($my_array);
if (isset($fp)) {
      fwrite($fp, $my_array_s);
}

//to get it back into the same array as it was written, use
$fp_cache = fopen("yourfilename.txt", "r") or die("can't open file");
$fp_readc = fread($fp_cache, filesize("yourfilename.txt");
$my_array_new = unserialize($fp_readc);

the data is exactly as it was returned from the db after you looped through
the record set.

another idea. --http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.serialize.php
hth
jeff

                      "Aaron Wolski"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "'OpenSource'" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>, "'PHP-DB'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      z.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: [PHP-DB] array issue

                      08/17/2003 11:33

                      AM

First, are you sure there is data in $my_array?

Add this after you set the array:

echo "<pre>"".print_r($my_array)."</pre>";

You'll need to loop through the array , writing each line in the file at
a time.

Something like:

//open the file stuff here
foreach ($my_array AS $values)