I'm doing queries on tables with 45,000 rows in one table and 1-2000 rows in
another..  I think the queries are failing due to timeout on the server.
The server is not dedicated to me and I may not be able to affect the
timeout settings...though I'll ask my hosting company (Positive Internet).
If I decide to do the queries on my local PC (I don't need or want to do
them over the internet),

(1) do I have to set up my PC as a server,
(2) if so what's the quickest and easiest server to get started with,
(3) are there complications running the server on the same PC as the client
applications (ie my PHP code),
(4) do I then download MySQL and PHP onto it, though I read PHP comes
bundled with MySQL,
(5) will it become clear to me what host name/IP address to use to connect
to the database (up to now I've been told by the hosting company).

Any other suggestions on timeouts on queries?

Thanks,

John

                                           http://www.cantor.com
CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments, if any, are
confidential. If you are not the named recipient please notify the sender and
immediately delete it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this e-mail
message or disclose its contents to anybody else. Copyright and any other intellectual
property rights in its contents are the sole property of Cantor Fitzgerald.
     E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender
therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of
this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification is
required please request a hard-copy version.
     Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this e-mail and
any attachments for viruses. We make no representation or warranty as to the absence
of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure regulatory
compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we may monitor and

For further important information, please read the  Important Legal Information and
Legal Statement at http://www.cantor.com/legal_information.html