I agree what David says.

but the point is if someone else moved the pointer using mysql_data_seek($i)
and he didn't tell me how much $i is, or I use mysql_data_seek so many times
that I can't remember the sum of the offsets.

I don't think write a tracker is a feasible way, because there are so many
actions can move pointer, mysql_data_seek(), mysql_fetch_row(),
mysql_fetch_array() etc. Tracking all these actions is not possible, and it
is error-prone and needs much much effort.

"David Robley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
??????:[EMAIL PROTECTED]