Title: SQL type queries on arrays?

Hello,

I am developing an intranet application which parses a CSV file into a 2-D array, then searches for all unique values (PHP function) of a field and the most recent record in each case (foreach loops).

I have a working routine that takes about 15 seconds to perform this operation. Loading the CSV takes only 2 of those 15 seconds.

Then 13 seconds is taken up processing 5000 records, this seems slow on a 2GHz P4 Windows 2000 with lots of memory.

I was wondering if there is any way to use SQL to retrieve results from a 2-D array [n][fields] ? Or any speed optimisation techniques that might be applicable?

    David Nicholls, MCSE, CCEA
    e-Services Technology Team
    London Borough of Camden

    * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    ( 020 7974 4839

****** Message from InterScan E-Mail VirusWall NT ******

** No virus found in attached file noname.htm

+++ This message has been scanned and passed as virus free by InterScan VirusWall +++

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be the subject of legal
privilege. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient please reply to the sender. You are hereby placed on notice that any
copying, publication or any other form of dissemination of this e-mail or its contents
is prohibited.