I am attempting to pull data from 2 tables. My SELECT statement seems ok. But the next line: while ... etc. is giving me an error of "Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource.". But this is the way I usually show my data and it works fine when only 1 table is involved. Is there a different way of showing your data when pulling data from more than one table?

$result = @mysql_query('SELECT orders.orderid, orders.amount, orders.date
        from customers, orders WHERE customers.name = "Don Hansen" and
        customers.customerid = orders.customerid');

while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array($result) )
        $zorderid = $row['orders.orderid'];
        $zamt = $row['orders.amount'];
        echo (str_pad($zorderid,4,' ') .  str_pad($zamt,6, '  ') . '<br>');

Doug -

the data would actually be accessed as the actual fieldnames without the "tablename."

   foreach($row as $key => $value) {
      echo '$row['.$key.'] => '.$value.'<br />';
   echo '<br />';

the above snippet will allow you to see the values being passed to $row by mysql_fetch_assoc();

hope this helps,

Rolf Brusletto