ahh, yes...but you didn't say mysql...sorry....they all have this function.

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      ane.com                  To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                                               cc:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      10/28/2003 05:16         Subject:  Re: [PHP-DB] removing space ?

                      PM

there are trim functions in both mysql and php.
both they are called the same...trim, ltrim and rtrim.  trim takes off both
sides, and the r and l take the right and left respectively, but yes, this
is possible in the query.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/String_functions.html
php.net/trim
php.net/ltrim

hth
Jeff

                      "Larry Sandwick"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        To:
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                               cc:
                      10/28/2003 05:11         Subject:  [PHP-DB] removing
                      space ?
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      lgs

When I select data from my data base I have spaces on the lead side for
example the data that is stored is "      33.jpg".  Spaces included,
exclude the quotes, quotes are example only to show the spaces.

I would like to remove these spaces. Is there a way to do this?

Can it be done in the query?

Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Sandwick

Sarreid, Ltd.