this should fix ya......

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Resetting_permissions.html

hth
Jeff

                      Joffrey Leevy

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      ahoo.com>                cc:

                                               Subject:  [PHP-DB] phpmyadmin screwup

                      11/04/2003 04:30

                      PM

Hi all:

I was trying to use phpmyadmin for the first time and messed up when trying
to give the [EMAIL PROTECTED] a password.  I did that because phpmyadmin told
me something about lax security using "root" with no password.  Anyhow
something went wrong.

Now I can't do anything with phpadmin or mysql client.    The message is -
"Error 1045:  Access Denied for User:  (Using Password:No).  Grateful for
anyone's help.

Thanks