Hi ALek,

Yes you can make the column auto_increment. YOu can also make the
incrementations start at a particular value by using the ALTER command. EG:

ALTER TABLE mytable AUTO_INCREMENT = 99;

it will start your next inserted record with 99 for that specific column
value. I am not 100% sure about the values that you already have in your
field. I assume that they are all unique and that you want to start the
increment from the last value +1. anyway hope this helps.

Angelo

Disclaimer
This e-mail transmission contains confidential information,
which is the property of the sender.
The information in this e-mail or attachments thereto is
intended for the attention and use only of the addressee.
Should you have received this e-mail in error, please delete
and destroy it and any attachments thereto immediately.
Under no circumstances will the Cape Technikon or the sender
of this e-mail be liable to any party for any direct, indirect,
special or other consequential damages for any use of this e-mail.
For the detailed e-mail disclaimer please refer to
http://www.ctech.ac.za/polic or call +27 (0)21 460 3911