From: Paul Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 December 2003 00:05
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] NEXTVAL Question

Does anyone know how to make this work???

$sql = "select TEAM_SEQ.NEXTVAL as \"nextval\" from sys.dual";

I get the following error in PHP:

ociexecute(): OCIStmtExecute: ORA-00903: invalid table name

But when I use my SQL tool to hit the DB will all the same parameters, it
works just fine.

I have also tried:
$sql = "select TEAM_SEQ.NEXTVAL from sys.dual";
$sql = "select TEAM_SEQ.NEXTVAL from dual";

all with the same results.

I am running Red Hat AS, PHP 4.3, OCI8 Functions and Oracle 9i.

- Paul