ok im making this page and every single time i try to execute it, it tells me it was
not successful. the database name, user,pw,and local host are all correct. i have no
idea what do do, and i have 2 more tables besides this one i wanted to create but this
was kind of my template for it and i cant even get it to work. im still really bad
with this kind of stuff so any help i could get from you is really appreciated.
thanks. here is the code:

<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<?php

$host = "localhost";
$user = "user";
$password = "";
$dbname = "swwdb";

$link = mysql_connect($host,$user,$password);

$query = "CREATE TABLE staff (
 staffid INT(3) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT UNSIGNED,
 name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
 login VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL,
 password VARCHAR(8) NOT NULL,
 picaddy VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
 email VARCHAR(255)  NOT NULL,
 staffbio TEXT NOT NULL,
 createdate DATE NOT NULL,
 tagline VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY(staffid,login) )";

if (mysql_db_query ($dbname,$query,$link)) {
 print ("the query was successfull");
} else {
 print ("the query was NOT success");
 }