Hello,

On 02/09/2004 11:40 AM, Marco A. Ortiz wrote:
I want to ask you, how I must setup my PHP.INI file, to send e-mail from my
Web Site if my SMTP server requires authentication. Otherwise, I want to
know if exits some kind of “public” SMTP sever that I could use.

No, the mail() function does not SMTP authentication. You may want to use this class that comes with a wrapper function named smtp_mail() that works like mail() except that it does let you specify the authentication credentials:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

--

Um abraço,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/