I have a proposal for a solution to this problem. At the moment it is not ready for use but I welcome feedback on the idea. You can read my proposal and download the code from here:

http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/php/passwords.htm

John.

Sukanto Kho wrote:

Hi all,

I've created a file named 'connection'(used to connect to mysql server)...

This file connect to mysql server with user=root en password inserted....

The problem is user name (in this case root) and password appeared in
file...
so that anyone who get the file may know what the password and user name
is...

Are there any solution to more secure connection??

Thanks.

Nicholas Sk2

--
John Newbigin - Computer Systems Officer
School of Information Technology