No problem on the piggy-back.

I do actually have an Inventory Management component in place but it
seems to be acting up a little bit here any there.

This is what I do:

1) For each product; create an Inventory Record for the product SKU,
product_id AND attributes

2) I have 2 "inventory" fields that hold the stock info - quantity and
approvedQuantity

3) When an item is added to the cart; I subtract the item quantity from
the inventory quantity that is available

4) If an item(s) is removed from the cart; the quantity of the item(s)
is returned back to its' Inventory record(s)

5) If an order is canceled; the quantity of the item(s) is returned back
to its' Inventory record(s)

6) If the customer processes their order; the approvedQuantity for each
items' Inventory Record is subtracted by the quantity being ordered

In the end, both the quantity and approvedQuantity for an Inventory
record should match.

This is where I am having a problem and I don't know how to track/fix
it. I HAVE Inventory Records where the approvedQuantity and the quantity
are NOT matching.

I asked the question to see what others might be doing because it seems
how I have it setup is obviously not working :(

Can ANYONE see where my logic is flawed?

Thanks!

Aaron

And
> that is, don't e-commerce packages come with the functionality to
track
> inventory? I mean, most times when I shop online, I see whether an
item is
> in stock or how many pieces a retailer has in stock.
>
> I am concerned that there is more work than meets the eye with an e-
> commerce
> implementation in regards to constructing a DBMS to handle the
inventory
> issues in addition to implementing the shopping cart and the catalog.
>
> Sorry if this is off topic, but this issue just raised a red flag for
me
> and
> I need to understand it a bit better before I put together an
estimate. I
> have a catalog component and a credit card processing component at my
> disposal, but need to know if it is common practice to hand-build the
> inventory management end of it.
>
> Consequently, this could help with Aaron's original question if there
are
> inventory management components out there already by allowing him (and
I)