Christopher Jones wrote:

Torsten Roehr wrote:

"Torsten Lange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

But when using queries on the USER_... data dictionary, Oracle
delivers always big letters, which is for chemical elements (NA
vs. Na) or location names (ALICE SPRINGS vs.  Alice Springs) and
location codes often uncomfortable to read.

Then I see only one way: create a mapping array to map your field names to
what you want them to be *really* called.

$mapping = array('FIELD1' => 'My real field name', 'FIELD2' => 'My second
field name');

Then you get the value this way:

$realName = $mapping[$fieldNameFromDB];

A mapping is the best way.  It separates the internal schema structure
(i.e column names as created by Oracle) from the display values (i.e.
the column names you want to display).

But it is possible to get PHP to return case sensitive column names from
Oracle, see below.

Chris

-----

    <?php

    // Example using case sensitive column names in Oracle.
    //
    // Table P1 was created in SQL*Plus using:
    //
    //    create table p1 ("MyCol" number);
    //    insert into p1 values (1234);
    //    commit;
    //
    // The output of this PHP script is:
    //
    //   array(1) {
    //     ["MyCol"]=>
    //     string(4) "1234"
    //   }

    $conn = OCILogon("scott", "tiger", "MYDB");

    $query = 'select * from p1';

    $stid = OCIParse($conn, $query);
    OCIExecute($stid);
    OCIFetchInto($stid, $row, OCI_ASSOC);
    echo "<pre>"; var_dump($row); echo "</pre>";

    OCILogoff($conn);

    ?>