Chris Payne wrote:
> I'm using Booleans in my searches (New to it) but it works perfectly on my
local 3.23 version of MySQL, but on the main server which uses version 4 of
MySQL I get an error so there's an error in my Syntax.  Here's what I
currently use:
[snip]
LENGTH(REPLACE(LOWER(def),LOWER('as'),'')))
[snip]
And here's the error I receive on the remote MySQL 4 server:

Warning: Bad arguments to implode() in
/var/www/html/www.planetoxygene.com/htdocs/funcs_mysql_boolean.php on line
45
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to
your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') -
LENGTH(REPLACE(LOWER(),LOWER('as'),''))) /LENGTH('as'

This is not a MySQL 3 vs. MySQL4 issue. If it was, this is the wrong list, anyhow.

Take a look at the line of the query you _say_ you're running that I've included above and take a look at the last line of the error that you're getting from MySQL.

See the difference? Good... now troubleshoot.

--
---John Holmes...

Amazon Wishlist: www.amazon.com/o/registry/3BEXC84AB3A5E/

php|architect: The Magazine for PHP Professionals – www.phparch.com