Hi,

Coordinators login into our system and look through a listing of
students.  They see a student that they think that they can place.  They
view the students profile that has a lot of information regarding, age,
sex, country of origin, etc...  There is a 'Hold Student' Link on that
page.  This puts the student_id and the user_id of the coordinator into
the table.

Coordinator Manually.

Only a Coordinator that is in the #1 position can place the student.
Lets say this happens:

1. Bob places a hold on student #455 on July 1, 2004 at 7:00 AM
2. Mary places a hold on student #455 on July 1, 2004 at 8:00 AM
3. Barbara places a hold on student #455 on July 1, 2004 at 9:00 AM

Bob is the only person that can make a placement on that student.
Unless:

1. He cancels his hold on the student.
2. If the hold time expires.

If either of the two above occurs then Mary now has the #1 position and
can place the student.

If Bob places the student then Mary and Barbara's holds are not valid
any longer.

I think that this is a good example.  If you have any further questions
please ask.

Thanks again for your attention and help.

Regards,

Justin Palmer