>Okay,  I am new to PHP but very good with many other scripting languages.

>I use 'mysql_connect("localhost" yada yada'

>to connect to a database from the domain but I want to put this code on a
few sites and have it access one database >on the primary domain.

>How do I write that command?  I googled for about an hour this morning at
3:00am so I might have missed it but if >someone can point me to where I
might find an example command?

Its same command, except you use your hosts address/DNS in lieu of
localhost
mysql_connect('123.132.123.123','yadda','yadda');
or
mysql_connect('mydomain.tld','yadda','yadda');

Of course you need to make sure that you can connect remotely to the MySQL
db, by assiging the appropriate permissions with GRANT, and ensure that any
firewall ports are opened, if applicable.

HTH
Jeff