From the Mysql docs:

Starting with MySQL 4.0.4, you can also perform UPDATE operations that cover
multiple tables:

UPDATE items,month SET items.price=month.price
WHERE items.id=month.id;

 The example shows an inner join using the comma operator, but multiple-table
UPDATE statements can use any type of join allowed in SELECT statements, such
as LEFT JOIN.

Note: You cannot use ORDER BY or LIMIT with multiple-table UPDATE.

-Micah