I agree with John Holmes.
It's all the matter of obfuscating in this case.

The real deal & structure is to have a set of permission checking!
This is where ACL comes into play. But I asume ur app is not that of a
big one for u to make a set of permissions based actions and gui's. So
staticaly just check if the user is the same user or have access to a
certain record.

Again as John Holmes mentioned, Hiding or encrypting ur data is just a
way of making it tough to break in. But the points I mentioned earlier
about checking and securing ur code before hitting a trip to ur DB.
Checking ur datatypes... n integrity...  will save u time instead of
thinking how to hide it, think of how to secure it even if it's open!
so ACL comes into play.

That's my opinion.