See below:
--- John Holmes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you sure it's the date that's causing the
> rejection? What does
> mysql_error() say?

No, I'm not sure.  At first the date was being
accepted but "wrong" in the database.  It was setting
it to 1/1/2000.  Someone suggested I add '' around the
value. Apparently it didn't like that and started
saying I had a SQL  error. I've tried a number of
things, so far without success.
This is the current error:

"0: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server
version for the right syntax to use near '', 1, 1, 24,
25, 10/28/2004)' at line 5 "

While this is probably a waste of bandwidth here is my
statement:

$query = "INSERT INTO
CorrectTableName(RecordID,UserID,ProfileName,
Edu, WorkAuth, WorkExp, CarLev, Secu, Confi, Relo,
Telecomu,
City1, State1, City2, State2, TravelPref,
SalaryAnnual, SalaryHourly, Available)
VALUES (null, null, '$f1a', $f2a, $f2c, $f2d, $f2e,
$f2g, '$f5b', '$f3m',
'$f3n', '$f3e', $f3f, $f3g', $f3h, $f3i, $f3j, $f3k,
$f3l)";

Outside of the date I don't see where the error could
be coming from.  Fields with quotes are string values.
I have no idea.

Stuart