Hi,

I might be able to help. I've done a website that uses Chinese characters. I have to store the data in a BLOP mysql field. Then use the correct ISO for the webpage display.

Try that.

Han
To: "Dre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 2:36 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] Arabic characters displayed as garbage !!

By default, MySQL uses the ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) character set. I guess you
need to set this parameter to something suitable for Arabic (if it is
supported by MySQL). I suggest you read "The Character Set Used for Data
and Sorting" part of MySQL manual. That's all I can help with.

Cheers

yes I did .. and the problem only happens for arabic text stored in
database

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Did you set a character encoding on your page to Arabic? (eg.
ISO-8859-6)