You're talking two different users here - in my instance, I was talking
application users, not database users.  Yes - realistically - you can
use just the one database and have the user permissions for it, it's
just a case of making sure you track everything right and don't access
the database through the wrong connection - not much different from
making sure you access the right database.

Realistically - a previous comment hits the nail on the head.  All a
different database is, in essence, is a different folder - a different
place where you can store the same stuff.  It's all about how you want
to deal with things, how you visualize them and best interact with them.
Any database should have sufficient user privs to handle these things,
postgresql - mysql - or other.  It's all about who the users who can
actually access the database are, and how the application will need to
map its users to databaes users.

Come to think, however - I don't know that you can assign privledges
per-table in mysql.  So, if your 'user levels' aren't strictly
hierarchical - you probably need to break things up (e.g. if payroll
shouldn't be able to access inventory).

- Martin Norland, Database / Web Developer, International Outreach x3257
The opinion(s) contained within this email do not necessarily represent
those of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.