From: David Robley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 10:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Re: I can't seem to get Max() to work

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:35, Chris Payne wrote:

> Hi there everyone,
>

> I can?t seem to get the below to work with PHP and MySQL:
>

> $sql = "SELECT MAX(FoodItemNumber) FROM menuitemsubs";
>

> What am I doing wrong?  I need the highest number from the column
> FoodItemNumber, but it doesn?t return anything unless I change the MAX()
> to a * and I don?t want that I need it to be the MAX() number as it isn?t
> an auto-increment field.

Works a treat for me; au_linkid is a smallint which is not autoincrement, nd
not indexed at all.

mysql> select max(au_linkid) from categ_link;
| max(au_linkid) |
|            540 |
1 row in set (0.03 sec)

FoodItemNumber is an integer type?

--
David Robley

I Have To Stop Now, My Fingers Are Getting Hoarse!