To: "Han" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DB] password encryption

Han,

You can try installing mcrypt, it gives you encryption/decryption capabilities in PHP. It's fairly easy to install in you're running a Windows system; I think you have to recompile php if your on a Linux system, and I have never been able to successfully do that. You might look into it though, I don't quite understand why it can't be included with the default PHP installation, or be made easier to install.

http://us2.php.net/mcrypt

-JD

Han wrote:

Hello,

I'm having a real problem and wondering if anyone can help.

I need to set up htaccess ans htpasswd files to authenticate users on my system.
I need to do it with PHP, but can't find a way of encrypting the password so it works.

I've used an online encrypter for testing the system, and I've got the .htaccess and .htpasswd files correct, but I need to programmatically encrypt the password in my script then write it to the 2 files.

Han.