How are you storing the file in your PHP code?

If it'll fit in a variable, it should be able to be stored in $_SESSION.

This might mean using serialize() and unserialize().

Although someone may have a better way of doing this.  It seems to me
that storing an entire file in a variable is going to be cumbersome on
your server.  You might try storing the file name and path or something:

C:\somepath\somefilename.ext

Someone probably has a better way to do this, but those are my initial
thoughts.. Without much experience having to do something like this with
files and without knowing more about your situation.

-TG