I've been playing with PHP 5.0.2 on Red Hat Linux, Apache 2 and Oracle 9i.
I've seen some of the emails on problems with OCI.  I've experienced problems
with using both Persistent and non-persistent.  Most of the time when I do
saves or selects, it works.  Occassionally it can no longer find the
connection.  Each submit, I open/close connections.  I do not see this problem
in 4.3.8 (though I'm going to debug further).  I'm recommending here to not use
5.0.2 but 4.3.8 in production.  Want to verify that these are problems with
PHP?  Or is this an Oracle issue?

Kathy