On my forms I connect to my database each page that I need to update the data.
I do not disconnect at the end of the page.
Very soon I will have about 20-700 entering data simultaneously. I might use this javascript code sent by Peter. This will probably lead to a pretty huge overhead.
Is not disconnecting on every page going to cause any problems? Are there any other concerns I should consider?

Matthew

Peter Lovatt wrote:

You could use JavaScript

<form action="somescript.php" name="dataform" id="dataform">
<textarea cols="30" rows="5" name="data_text"
onBlur="dataform.submit()"></textarea>
</form>

onblur executes when the user leaves the box, and will submit the form

HTH

Peter