post code...can't read minds, you know

;-)

Bastien

To: php-db@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP-DB] Double Inserts
Date: 25 Jan 2005 17:32:28 -0000

Hi, I am new to the mailing list and to PHP / MySQL. I am facing an
unususal problem. I am trying to insert some data into MySQL DB through
via Web. The code is executed OK - no errors but the same record gets
inserted TWICE. I have checked the code and simplified it as much as
possible and tried test scripts with same results. I have also tried
statements to echo messages to ensure the code is not executed twice.

It happens with IE as wells as Mozilla so I don't think it is a browser
issue. The only clue is that it does not seem to happen on a slower
machine (Laptop). The configurations, versions etc are identical - Apache
2.0.49, MySQL 4.1.6-gamma-nt, PHP 5.0.2

Has anyone faced this and found a solution? Please help.

Shri