New version of MySQL, old PHP? possible password encryption mis-match? Check out:

        http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/old-client.html

Regards - Miles

At 06:33 AM 2/10/2005, Denis Gerasimov wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to connect to MySQL using

$mysqli = new mysqli("example.com", "user", "pass", "db");

And access is ALWAYS denied
(I played around changing user name/pass/host - didn't help me at all)

The thing is that I CAN connect to the db server using this user name and
password with my DB administration tool.

Some background
1. MySQL and Apache + PHP are running on the same machine.
2. The user is allowed to connect from '%' (everywhere)
3. Connecting to localhost fails too (saying "cannot connect to socket...")

What is going on?

Best regards, Denis Gerasimov
Outsourcing Services Manager,
VEKOS, Ltd.