Assuming you always connect to the server using the exact parameter values for odbc_connect(), this does not look like an easy one to solve. I also connect to a Sybase database on a Win2K server from PHP/Apache/Solaris. However, I don't use the odbc extension. I use the odbtp extension, which works very well, and has better support. So, you probably will have better results with odbtp, which is available at http://odbtp.sourceforge.net.
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Crone, James wrote: > I'm having intermittent problems with odbc_connect(). Here's the > situation.... > > > > I'm trying to connect to a Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere database > running on Win2K from my web server using Solaris, Apache, PHP, iODBC, > and OpenLink's ODBC universal data access driver for MSSQL/Sybase. > About 75% of the time, my php scripts talk to the Sybase system fine. > However, the other 25% of the time nothing really happens. IE reports a > "Page cannot be displayed" error, while Firefox acts like it may do > something for a fraction of a second, but then just stays on the > currently loaded page. > -- PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/) To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php