Balwant Singh wrote:
Sorry I am asking a question which is not directly linked to this forum
but i am confident that many of you have the answer for it.

is it that much trouble to ask you question in the 'correct forum', there is the php-generals list next door where this question fits perfectly.

i am using PHP 4.2.2 with GD 1.63. now i want to upgrade the GD1.63 to GD2. i have installed the GD2 in my system but still my system is showing GD 1.63. May pls. advise me what needs to be in php.ini file or anywhere so that my php read the GD2.

have you restarted apache?

with best wishes balwant